You can sync historical data or backfill your user data to MoEngage post-integration. This ensures that users' data available in your Shopify stores before integration are available with MoEngage.
Sync User Data
To sync user data to MoEngage:
- Navigate to the Sync Shopify data tab in your Shopify public app.
- Select the period from which data has to be synced to MoEngage by selecting the Date range in the Sync past data section. You can sync data up to 60 days from today's date. In case you wish to increase the time period for the sync, reach out to your CSM.
- Click sync past data after choosing the date range. Once the sync has started, you will get information about it in the Sync progress section, as shown below. It may take up to 24 hours to complete data sync, depending on the date range selected.
Sync Product Catalog
You can sync your product catalogs to MoEngage and use it to generate personalized Recommendations (if MoEngage Recommendations are enabled for your account. Reach out to your CSM or drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to enable it for your account.)
- Once the sync is complete, the sync progress will be updated.
- In case of a failure, you can try a sync again.
In the Sync product catalog section, choose the currency in the Currency of product price dropdown.
Note: MoEngage Recommendations must be enabled for your account for this option to be available.
- Click Enable sync to schedule a periodic sync daily.
- If you wish to stop the sync or edit the currency at any time, click on Stop sync.
Uploading Product Catalog
To upload a product catalog:
- Navigate to Products on the left menu of your Shopify store.
- Click Add product at the top right corner.
- In the Import products from CSV popup that opens up, the sample CSV template is shared. The sample CSV is attached to this article for reference.
- Prepare your product catalog in accordance with the format shared in the sample CSV.
- Add the file to the Import products popup and click Upload and preview.